Are you a General Medicine specialist seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate?
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$520k (depending on experience).
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef.
- Excellent range of affordable housing – live in a house on the beach, apartment in the marina or on a farm in the hinterlands.
- Over 60 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, Wide Bay Institute of TAFE and the Central Queensland University campus.
- First class and well-resourced health service.
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Physicians (RACP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
The Bundaberg Hospital is a 158 bed acute health care facility providing services such as 24 hour emergency department, theatre & anaesthetics, breast screening, general medicine, general surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, intensive care/coronary care, pathology, paediatrics, renal services, specialist outpatients, orthopaedics, rehabilitation, palliative care, medical imaging and the Community Hospital Interface Program (CHIP). Specialist services include gastroenterology, radiology, respiratory, rheumatology, oncology, paediatric respiratory, genetics and urology.
The Coral Coast region of Queensland is a 4 hour drive north of Brisbane and its regional centre, Bundaberg, is centred on the picturesque Burnett River. The area is nestled below the Southern Great Barrier Reef and represents an incredible place to lead the life you always wanted to have. It really does provide a platform to enjoy a laid back, easy going subtropical coastal lifestyle that only Queensland can offer. Just 15 minutes drive from the city are the pristine shores of Coral Coast. Here you can fish, dive, whale and dolphin spot, snorkel the Lady Musgrave and Lady Elliot coral cays or experience the turtle-nesting phenomenon at the Mon Repos Turtle Rookery.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.