- Sensational part of the Queensland coast, Australia.
- Lucrative salary package of between AU$350,000 to AU$420,000 (depending on experience) and on-call.
- Lifestyle opportunity: beaches, sensational climate, easy, relaxed living, incredible outdoor sporting activities for children and adults.
This mental health service is comprised of 12 consultant psychiatrists of which 8 are general adult - acute, inpatient, community etc. They have an important requirement for an additional general adult psychiatrist, ideally with as broad general adult experience as possible.
They are seeking the services of up to two general adult psychiatrists.
The registrar/consultant ratio is 1:1.
This job is a great opportunity for an overseas trained psychiatrist to develop experience in Australia. Supportive colleagues, a collegiate and collaborative work environment are backed up by a massive increase in health spending (AU$16.6 billion) in Queensland.
This service provides specialist mental health care to a population of approx 200,000 in a number of locations.
Specific services include:
- Acute & community based adult psychiatry
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Services – community based.
- Extended hours crisis response – via Acute Care Team
- Acute Adult and Older Persons Mental Health Inpatient Units
- Child and Adolescent psychiatry – Community based with Inpatients admitted to Paediatric ward.
- Psychogeriatrics - Community based and Inpatients admitted to Acute Older Persons Mental Health Inpatient Unit at the public hospital.
- Outreach psychiatry clinics and consultation.
- Consultation/liaison psychiatry
- Indigenous mental health services
- Prison Mental Health Services
- Community Care Unit
- Electro-convulsive Therapy.
- Due to RANZCP assessment requirements, you will have completed your CCT (not CESR) in the UK, Ireland, NZ, South Africa, Canada or USA; be MRCPsych/FRCP (or equivalent) and have:
- In your basic or advanced training, have completed a formal training post of at least 6 months in child and adolescent psychiatry.
- In your basic or advanced training, have similar experience in liaison psychiatry.
Naturally, any FRANZCPs or psychiatrists close to FRANZCP will be highly regarded.
For more information about this service, location, the critical RANZCP assessment process and what it is really like to live and work in Australia, please get in touch.
Once Head Medical finds you a job, our registrations team will help and guide you through the RANZCP assessment, medical registration and visa process.
For more informatiion please call Alasdair Spinner on +44 131 240 5276.