- Monday - Friday working pattern - usually 8am to 5pm with occasional travel and involvement in networking and social events
- The role is approx. 80% clinical and 20% administrative to work closely with the CMO to help with UK and China projects helping to bridge knowledge between the 2 countries
- We are looking for someone who is interested in a role that will not only involve seeing patients but where you can help to strengthen international and local networks
- You will ideally be an energetic and ambitious physician who is happy to work closely with the CMO in strategy and can be comfortable collaborating with top medical facilities in China and internationally
- You should have approx 40 minutes of consultation time with each patient
- Benefits include 100% health insurance covered by employer, medical indemnity insurance
- Guaranteed monthly salary
- Accommodation paid for by employer (capped to a certain amount)
- 2 x Premium economy class flight tickets to your home country per year
- Total package is equivalent to CIRCA 140,000 - 160,000 UK Pounds per annum (exchange rates will fluctuate)
- 2 year contract with option to renew
- Tax incentives for foreign workers
- Relocation support
Often referred to as the ‘New York’ of Asia, Shanghai is the world’s largest city and has an ever growing population of around 24 Million residents. As China is opening up to the world, Shanghai is among the chief beneficiaries and in 2016 it was named the most attractive city for expats (for the fourth time in six years) by International Talent Magazine. Shanghai is home to over 170,000 expats as of 2015.
Shanghai Boasts fantastic downtown nightlife and Night Lights and as the world's fastest growing city, Shanghai is no stranger to world-class clubbing and pubbing. On the other side of that, if you are relocating with your family, the first thing ex-pat parents will tell you is that Shanghai is an extremely safe environment. Chinese people love children and will go to great lengths to entertain and spoil your youngsters at any given opportunity (which can be a little overwhelming and strange at first). With inexpensive domestic help, you will also find yourself, instead of being loaded down with chores, you are able to spend more quality time with your children, taking them swimming, or to the park, or to one of Shanghai's amazing museums. Eating out is also notably more enjoyable with children in Shanghai as children are welcome everywhere – even in high end restaurants and many also have child-friendly facilities.
What are we looking for?
MRCGP qualified or equivalent
Clean Medical license
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL (any knowledge of French language is a plus)
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.