We are seeking an experienced ENT surgeon to join a team of three Otolaryngologists who work collaboratively and with innovation to provide high quality care to ENT patients with a wide range of acute and elective surgical conditions.
There is ample opportunity to develop a subspecialist interest that will complement the department's current service. The team enjoys a good collegial relationships with other departments, allied medical health professionals and close links with tertiary services. The department is well equipped for all aspects of modern ENT health care.
Find out more about Hawkes Bay
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave (pro rata)
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
Hawkes Bay is a large secondary level, 400 bed accredited public facility providing acute and elective care for a region of over 162,000 people.
The hospital is a modern facility with a full range of adult and paediatric clinical and support services expected in a district general hospital. The DHB has extensive clinical teaching commitments in partnership with Wellington Medical School, University of Otago and the local Eastern Institute of Technology.
The Hawkes Bay Region is set on the beautiful and famous coastline of the East Coast. It is only a 3.5 hours’ drive from New Zealand’s capital City Wellington, a 2 hours’ drive from the famous Lakes region, and a 3.5 hours’ drive from the North Island premier skiing destination, Mount Ruapehu. Hawkes Bay see's over 2,245 hours of sunshine each year and enjoys warm, dry summers. This district is the country’s oldest wine making region and is New Zealand’s leading producer of award winning red wines. To complement the sublime wines, it is further renowned as a gourmet destination for fresh seasonal food, exotic and organic meat, fruit and vegetables grown and processed in the bay. Country-style markets provide an opportunity for you to meet the growers and sample their wares.
Napier is also home to a world-class concentration of Art Deco architecture, fresh local produce and artisan food producers complemented by a vibrant arts scene and a rich Maori culture. The region also hosts a number of ‘must see’ events throughout the year. If you are seeking a laid back, friendly and cultural city, then this is it.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
- Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Find out more about our Referral Reward Scheme Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice