We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Specialist to be based in Hamilton. Situated on the banks of New Zealand’s longest river, it is New Zealand’s 4th largest city, and its rich cultural mix and vibrant centre makes it a perfect place to experience the friendly Kiwi lifestyle. Both the West Coast and East Coast beaches are within easy reach, meaning endless recreational possibilities.
Hamilton’s ED is the major regional referral and trauma centre for the Waikato region with a catchment population of over 800,000 people. They see approximately 79,000 patients per year with a broad case-mix of presentations from paediatrics to geriatrics, medicine to trauma – there is no aspect of emergency medical care they do not provide. Acuity is high with a 36% admission rate.
We would love to hear from candidates with experience in a variety of emergency medicine settings (including major EDs), who are interested in being involved in emergency medicine care, education and research, and keen to face the daily clinical challenges that come from working in our vibrant and busy ED.
What is on offer?
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$190k to NZD$300k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave (pro rata)
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
You can find out more about Hamilton here
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
- There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence.
Please contact Tina for more information at email@example.com