We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Consultant for a well-respected regional Teaching Hospital in Invercargill, in the Southland region where you will find two of New Zealand’s most stunning National Parks.
Southland Hospital has 181 beds and is the regional referral and teaching and trauma centre for a population of 105,000 and a rural catchment area that stretches from Stewart Island to Te Anau and Queenstown. The Emergency Department has approximately 36,000 presentations per annum, with a modern open plan design that supports 21 beds (which includes 6 observations beds).
You will join a stable and collegial medical staffing team of 7 other Specialists working in a roster of 4 x 10 hour shifts per week (3 clinical and 1 non-clinical) which include mornings and afternoons and one weekend in four. On call is also shared on the days when you are working.
The department is accredited for Registrar 12 months training with the Australian College of Emergency Medicine so teaching is a part of this role. The Registrars are supported by a Senior House Office Roster.
There is a friendly international doctor community here, with physicians from UK and USA, some who locum here and others who have made a permanent move. A new face is always welcomed warmly into the fold.
Find out more about Invercargill here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance + 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
For further details and a confidential discussion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org