This is a fantastic opportunity to work as an Emergency Medicine Coordinator in the most adventurous and exciting part of Australia.
- Experience first-hand the glorious scale, beauty, diversity and environment of Australia.
- Adventure wherever you turn – deep sea ocean fishing, Kakadu, The Red Centre, 4x4 etc.
- A lucrative salary package up to AU$500,000 (dependent upon exp).
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Contribute to the improvement of indigenous health in Australia.
- SE Asia on your doorstep. Spend a weekend in Bali (only a 3hr flight) or Singapore (4hrs).
Seeking a Consultant Emergency Medicine to provide specialist expertise in emergency medicine and clinical leadership for the ongoing development of a high quality rural Emergency Department service, including clinical management, supervision of medical staff and delivery of education and training in emergency medicine.
The unique healthcare and social issues of the population attract medical specialists from around the world. The medicine can be complex but hugely rewarding.
The patients who present to Katherine’s small Emergency Department have complex issues, can be quite unwell and there is a great deal of trauma.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABEM certified) or New Zealand.
Katherine is an amazing town situated on the Katherine River. There are ancient cultures to learn about, gorges, canyons, billabongs and waterfalls to explore and play in.
Within the Nitmiluk National Park, there are many exciting things to do including helicopter flights, canoeing, bushwalking, fishing, cultural sunset boat cruises and exploring ancient aboriginal rock art.
Visit the Cutta Cutta Caves or take a relaxing dip in the Katherine Hot Springs!