An exciting opportunity is currently available for an Emergency Medicine Physician to join the Emergency Medicine Department at the Mackay Base Hospital.
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$590k (depending on experience).
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Professional development allowance and motor vehicle allowance
- Low cost of living and excellent range of affordable housing
- First class and well-resourced health service
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney
The Role and Hospital
- Varied, exciting case mix including 25% paediatrics & a significant trauma caseload.
- Regional referral and trauma centre; 50,000 presentations per annum.
- Support satellite Mackay Hospital and Health Service (MHHS) hospitals and rural sites through Telehealth and in person
- Flexile equitable rostering balancing service needs and academic priorities.
- Opportunity to become involved in development of a new Emergency Department.
- Potential for involvement in the Regional Aeromedical Retrieval Service.
- There is an active and successful postgraduate education and training program. Accredited for 12 months of ACEM fellowship training, and 2 months of AST training through ACRRM and RACGP. In addition, they offer ACEM Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma training.
- Support services such as Cardiac Cathlab and a 14 bed Short Stay Unit.
Mackay Base Hospital is a 236-bed regional hospital that services 10 rural hospitals and multi-purpose health facilities. Mackay HHS is embarking on an exciting period of growth with a $250m redevelopment of the base hospital to provide an additional 112 inpatient beds and an expansion of outpatient and support services. Significant upgrades are also underway at rural hospitals.
Clinicians working at MBH enjoy a challenging and rewarding clinical case mix that includes busy inpatient and outpatient general medicine, paediatrics, surgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics & gynaecology and mental health services. These core inpatient services are well integrated with active emergency medicine, anaesthetic and intensive care departments and supported by a wide range of allied health services. Specialty services are provided by tertiary hospitals in Townsville and Brisbane.
The hospital is a digital hospital, equipped with leading edge technology. It is the first regional hospital in Queensland to have the complete integrated electronic medical record.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABEM certified) or New Zealand.
Located on the central coast of Queensland, the Mackay region stretches from secluded islands off the coast through golden sand beaches and into lush sub-tropical rainforests. The historic town of Mackay is filled with 1920s Art Deco buildings and public artworks, as well as a vibrant dining precinct. See wallabies on the beach at Cape Hillsborough National Park, dive with shy platypus in Eungella National Park or throw a line in at some of the state’s best fishing spots.
We have a dedicated Registration Team who seamlessly manage all aspects of your regulatory and temporary work visa applications after you accept a suitable job offer, at no cost to you. Our aim is to get you ready to start work within agreed timeframes and with minimal hassle to you or your new employer.