An opportunity to work in a brand new hospital opening in July2018 in the incredible city of Guangzhou! China is the world's most populous country and currently has the fastest growing economy on the planet. As wealthier Chinese, and the ever expanding ex-pat population seek improved healthcare services, our client is growing significantly over the next few years to meet this demand. You will be joining an established private hospital in a healthcare company, that was established 20 years ago. If you are seeking a new challenge and would like the opportunity to fast-track your career in an emerging market, please do get in touch.
- JCI accredited hospital
- Excellent work/life balance
- Slower working pace than UK
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- All support team in the hospital from junior doctors to reception staff speak English
- Continuous support with professional development
- Salaries are generous and offer a host of employee benefits
- Lower cost of living than Europe/UK - 50-70% lower than London!
- Tax incentives for foreign workers, including on school fees and housing
- Medical benefits for consultant and dependents
- Relocation services including flights, accommodation in China on arrival, employment pass etc
Guǎngzhōu is China’s busiest transport and trade hub and is the second largest city in the country, after Shanghai. It is the most populous city in Guangdong province (around 25 Million people) was once better known to Westerners as Canton and was previously a major terminus on the silk-road. Guangzhou is now ranked as a Beta+ Global city and is also known as the City of Flowers. It has a culturally diverse population that gives Gaungzhou a cosmopolitan feel.
Additionally, the China Import and Export Fair (more commonly known as the Canton Fair) – China's largest trade fair – sees thousands of international visitors flocking to Guǎngzhōu twice a year. And its proximity to Hong Kong means it is one of the most well-connected cities in China. The main language used in Guangzhou is Cantonese.
Food is the centerpiece of life and Guangzhou has the country's largest number of restaurants per capita, which is the birthplace of what you call 'Chinese food' (Cantonese food) in the west.
Guangzhou has a humid subtropical climate and it rarely drops below 5°C in winter.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.