Opportunity for a Consultant Emergency Medicine in Geelong, Victoria.
- Fantastic lifestyle only 60mins drive to Melbourne.
- Enjoy a modern hospital following redevelopment.
- Direct train services operate between Geelong and Melbourne every day (only 60mins)
- Excellent remuneration package up to AUD$480k + shift penalties and salary packaging (dependent upon exp.)
- A variety of fantastic restaurants, wineries, exciting attractions, glorious streetscapes, parks and gardens, heritage buildings, and all with a warm and temperate climate.
Currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Emergency Consultants to provide specialist emergency services to adult and Paediatric patients.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Undertake clinical shifts as directed, which will include participation on the on-call/after-hours/weekend roster.
- Supervise junior medical staff, including assessment of clinical performance and behaviour, documentation, discharge summaries, communication with patients and families, cultural awareness in regard to indigenous patients and communities, awareness of cultural and language diversity in the community.
- Participate in continuing professional development for consultants as well as training of junior medical staff, nursing and allied health staff and medical students.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABEM certified) or New Zealand.
Applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Only an hour from Melbourne, Geelong is a city on the move and the signs of change are everywhere, from the stunning waterfront and urban precinct to the craft breweries and cafes that have reclaimed and reshaped the city's old industrial landscape.
Get a dose of sunshine with a stroll along the waterfront, taking in public artworks, landscaped gardens, ice-cream parlours and eateries. Cool off in the art deco-style pool and kick back in the promenade complex and restored pavilion at Eastern Beach.
Sign up for an eco-adventure tour, use it as a base to explore the famous Geelong wine region, or take your pick from a wide range of adrenaline-charged activities.
Take full advantage of Geelong's unique north-facing bay at fabulous waterfront restaurants and cafes, from Cunningham Pier to Eastern Beach. Grab a bite to eat on Pakington Street and visit delicatessens and wine merchants for some take home goodies.
The regional city educational facilities include two top private schools and the Deakin University and the Gordon Institute of TAFE.
Geelong is also the jumping off point for the spectacular Great Ocean Road and a range of surf beaches including the world-famous Bells Beach where international surfing championships are held.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK’s specialist in international medical recruitment and we’ve helped many Doctors & Nurses relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.