An opportunity is available for an Adult General Psychiatrist with demonstrated experience in Emergency Psychiatry and Consultation Psychiatry in Hobart, Tasmania – a fantastic location often overlooked by people heading to the major metropolitan cities.
- Fantastic lifestyle, with a laidback cosmopolitan vibe
- Remuneration package of up to AUD$485k plus superannuation (depending on experience)
- Great family lifestyle, excellent schools, with beautiful scenery
- Easy access to Melbourne and Sydney with short, regular, daily flights
As part of a multidisciplinary Mental Health Service, the Consultant Psychiatrist will deliver high quality mental health care and:
- Provide a comprehensive Emergency Department Psychiatric Service and component of Consultation Liaison Service in the Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH).
- Act as a consultant to mental health and medical professionals, health service providers including Emergency Department clinicians and staff, Psychiatric Emergency Nurse staff and other agencies with regard to the assessment and management of individuals who present to the Emergency Department with mental health disorders.
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities with psychiatric registrar and other medical staff as required and appropriate
You will be located at the Royal Hobart Hospital and may require you to work across the Emergency Department, Mental Health Short Stay Unit, and Consultation-Liaison Psychiatric Service.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Hobart is the capital city of Tasmania that sits right on the water, it’s a picturesque and interesting place to explore. Here, you can enjoy all the facilities of modern city living with excellent schools and affordable housing, whilst being free of traffic and large commutes.
And ask any Australian, Tasmania is known for its beautiful fresh produce and seafood. There’s a real dedication to providing a truly authentic food and wine experience. The temperate climate and four distinct seasons - including gloriously hot summers without the oppressive conditions and cool winters - the region has perfect winegrowing conditions and this is reflected in the excellent wines produced all around Tasmania, with lots of little boutique vineyards you can spend time wine tasting.
Being such a compact island state, its easy to explore and go beyond the city up into the mountains or along the coastal roads. The diverse landscape lends itself to just about every outdoor experience you could wish for, from the world class golf courses, long distance running courses, mountain bike trails, and of course, the famous Sydney to Hobart yacht racing. But there really is so much to see and do.