This busy practice has been supporting the health of Mackay since the 1970’s and is now one of the largest in the region.
Busy regional city
· Gateway to the Whitsundays and Great Barrier Reef
· Private billing = great income
This busy practice has been supporting the health of Mackay since the 1970’s and is now one of the largest in the region. The guiding philosophy of the practice has always been the quality of their patient care, and although medicine has changed, this remains their guiding principal with a focus on professional care of family and individuals, listening to patients and adherence to the highest professional standards.
The centre is open 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5:30pm.
Services offered at the practice include:
- ATSI Health Services
- Cosmetic Medicine
- Family Medicine (GP)
- Mental Health
- Pre-employment Medical
- Skin Cancer Checks
- Travel Medicine
If you're looking for a destination that brings nature to life, then look no further than the Mackay Region. From beach-lounging wallabies at Cape Hillsborough National Park, to shy-but-oh-so-cute platypus in Eungella National Park and secluded beaches that only a local would know, its got natural attractions on tap.
Mackay City features art deco buildings, cute cafes and palm-tree lined streets make up the city heart of Mackay, while nothing is more than a 20-minute drive away.
Those in the know have been exploring Eungella National Park for years, but there always something new to be discovered in Australia’s oldest and longest stretch of sub-tropical rainforest.
- Pack a picnic and plunge into the cool fresh waters of Finch Hatton Gorge.
- Take your pick of the 31 beaches that surround Mackay.
- Catch all the action of events like the annual Mackay Beach Horse Races for a different spin on beach fun.
Great Barrier Reef & Islands
Weekends here are about jumping in the kayak, setting sail or packing the fishing rods and hiking gear and getting out to experience one of the Great Barrier Reef islands just offshore.
- Organise a charter boat to get you to Brampton Island, the Newry Island group or Cumberland Islands including Keswick and St Bees, to explore the walking trails, snorkel in waters teeming with coral and marine life, and camp blissfully disconnected from the world.
- Take a day trip Airlie Beach – just 1 ½ hours drive north of Mackay – to explore the beauty of the Whitsundays.
How Head Medical can help…
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many Doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.