Fantastic leadership opportunity in Australia.
We are seeking Director of Medicine to be based in Rockhampton, Central Queensland - a major regional city which offers an ideal lifestyle and is the southern gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
The health service provides health care to the Central Queensland catchment area of approx 250,000, a number which is expected to continue to grow.
- Great opportunity for a fresh, professional leadership challenge
- Main referral hospital for the Central Queensland
- Well-respected teaching hospital, accredited training site
- 50% Director + 50% Clinical
- FRACP preferred, or equivalent specialist qualification, e.g. FRCP
- Remuneration package up to AUD$436,555 pa, depending on level of experience
- 1 hr 15 min flight to Brisbane
- Relaxed outdoors lifestyle in tropical Central Queensland
Along with your extensive skills and experience as a specialist physician, you will also have:
- Experience in management and clinical leadership
- An understanding of and appreciation for the demands of running a busy and effective service
- An excellent track record of achievement, including research
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to think and act strategically, and to articulate a clear sense of direction and vision to a wide audience.
Rockhampton Hospital (305 bed) is the main referral hospital for the Central Queensland region, which now also provides integrated cancer care services in the newly established building boasting state of the art medical equipment. In addition, there are smaller satellite hospitals in the region, namely Gladstone, Emerald, Yeppoon and Biloela who will transfer patients through to Rockhampton as required.
The Department of Medicine has 32 allocated medical beds. Development and implementation of Outreach services to other hospitals within the region is planned. The Department currently consists of 13 Consultants (Visiting Medical Officers and Staff Specialists), 13 Principal House Officers, 6 Senior House Officers/Junior House Officers and 10 Interns. Sub-speciality areas are currently Cardiology, Renal Medicine, Palliative Care and Geriatric, Oncology, Haematology & Rehabilitation Services.
The Hospital enjoys close links with the University of Queensland and the Central Queensland Rural Clinical School and culturally, there is an emphasis on medical education across the board for all professional disciplines but in particular, it is an accredited for specialist training.
Rockhampton’s colonial history can be seen in its palm tree-lined streets and grand old heritage buildings – some of which have been lovingly restored to give the city a real ‘aussie’ charm, creating a real sense of community.
The region offers a superb lifestyle and a healthy family environment with a range of cultural, recreational and sporting activities. Real estate prices are affordable with a choice of town, coast or country living. Stroll along the river, drive out to the coast exploring the many beaches, the Carnarvon National Park, the botanic gardens, as well as the Great Barrier Reef.
Brisbane is just a short 1hr 15m flight from Rockhampton’s local airport. There are flights also to Mackay, Townsville and the Gold Coast.
See the Hospital
Contact Alasdair Spinner today to have a further confidential discussion or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org