This hospital is the main referral hospital for a major service in Queensland. There are 4 additional primary care hospitals within the region. The main facility delivers training for medical students working through a university clinical school and university for nursing.
Services at the main facility are: Anaesthetics, Cardiology, ENT, EM, General Medicine, General Surgery, Geriatrics, Intensive Care, Obs & Gyn, Orthopaedics, Palliative Care, Paeds, Psychiatry, Rehab, Renal, Urology.
The hospital is accredited for training in
Rehab medicine, Emergency medicine, Intensive Care, Anaesthesia, General Surgery,General medicine, Paediatrics, Obs & gyn, Psychiatry.
- In this job you will have full professional and operational responsibility for all medical staff at the main hospital & 2 smaller health services.
- You will lead on medical staff recruitment and medical staff retention strategies.
- You will ensure the delivery of safe, timely and efficient contemporary medical services.
- You will participate and promote clinical service development, leading from the front for governance and quality improvement initiatives.
- You will provide medical advice and insight to Executive Directors in Medical Services and other business units to ensure strategies are aligned.
- You will provide clinical governance and professional supervision to the Clinical Director Mental Health, Psychiatrists, other Medical officers in Mental Health; Consultants/Staff Specialists in Public Health; Geriatricians, Rehabilitation, medical staff in community health and HITH service.
- Eligibility for registration with Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Medical Administrators or equivalent management qualification.
- Specialist qualification or postgrad clinical diploma.
- Active in a continuing medical education program.
- Commitment to quality improvement, via involvement in workplace policy and processes for improving clinical standards.
- First class medical admin skills; relevant to a medium sized regional hospital.
- First class leadership skills and collaborative working style.
- High levels of empathy and first class communication skills.
For more information please call Alasdair SPinner on 441312405276 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you