Are you a Consultant Urologist seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate?
Situated close to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef, there’s plenty to do for those looking for an outdoor lifestyle.
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$467k depending on experience.
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Professional development allowance and motor vehicle allowance
- Low cost of living and excellent range of affordable housing
- First class and well-resourced health service
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney
The Role and Hospital
Consultant Urologist required for the provision of high-quality clinical services for the Mackay Hospital and Health Service.
- Perform after hours and weekend clinical duties as rostered.
- Provide clinical assistance in emergencies as directed.
- Supervision of trainees and other staff as appropriate.
- Education of medical staff and students, allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff.
- Active participation in patient safety, audit, research and service planning activities.
To reflect the growing demand for health care in the region, the Mackay Base Hospital has been redeveloped at a cost of $408 million with a current bed capacity of 236 beds. The redeveloped hospital is a digital hospital, equipped with leading edge technology to assist staff to provide the highest level of care and comfort to our patients. It is the first regional hospital in Queensland to have the complete integrated electronic medical record. The hospital provides specialist services in obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology and oncology and many other specialty areas. New services implemented in 2017 included Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) and a Step Up Step Down mental health service.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) (Urol) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Located on the central coast of Queensland, the Mackay region stretches from secluded islands off the coast through golden sand beaches and into lush sub-tropical rainforests. The historic town of Mackay is filled with 1920s Art Deco buildings and public artworks, as well as a vibrant dining precinct. See wallabies on the beach at Cape Hillsborough National Park, dive with shy platypus in Eungella National Park or throw a line in at some of the state’s best fishing spots.