New Year. New Job. New Lifestyle.... New Zealand 2021.
If you’re thinking about your next career move, you won’t find a more unique location if you love the active outdoors. We’re seeking a Consultant Urologist (generalist) to be based in Rotorua, in the beautiful Lakes region of the Central North Island.
- Ideal for those who love the active outdoors lifestyle – pack the paddleboard, mountain bike and trainers!
- Permanent position, commence 2021
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) required
- Participate in the on-call roster, supported by registrars and house officers
- Well-respected teaching hospital, popular with junior doctors
- Explore stunning landscapes – lakes, mountains, national parks, native forest, geothermal wonders
- Central North Island provides great access to the rest of the North Island
For this role, you will have broad specialist experience in urology and a sound understanding of contemporary models of care. You will be an innovative thinker with ideas to contribute to the further development of the service. You will enjoy working in a multicultural workforce.
You will have proven leadership skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment; an interest in medical education and teaching, including providing supervision and education to medical students (from the University of Auckland), registrars and other clinical staff; and of course, a commitment to ongoing quality improvement programmes.
If you’re not familiar with this part of New Zealand, Rotorua and the Lakes region is visually stunning and an area of unique natural beauty and geothermal activity, offering a great outdoors lifestyle, perfect for taking advantage of the region’s hot summers and mild winters. Although it’s a small city (population 65,000), it’s vibrant and has a huge tourist and adventure sports industry that drives the local economy all year round.
If you enjoy the adrenalin buzz, hanging off rocks, jumping off bridges, rafting down fierce water, doing triathlons and ultramarathons, climbing mountains, ziplining through trees, riding mountain bikes through native forest, you will really love it here…
But there’s also lots to do if you enjoy a more leisurely pace of life with funky little cafés and bars, restaurants, the Lakes. You can simply enjoy living in a lovely location in a lovely climate.
It’s an area steeped in history and legend, a place where Tikanga Māori (Māori culture) is celebrated, making this a truly unique place to live.
There is a domestic airport with daily flights to Auckland’s international airport, making connections to/from Rotorua very easy and accessible (45 minutes).
Find out more about the Rotorua Lifestyle here
What’s on offer?
- Total package ranges NZ$180,000 - $300,000 per annum, depending on experience
- This includes: Base salary from NZ$164,369 to $244,560 pa, depending on level of experience; On call calculated on top of your base; Continuing Medical Education Allowance NZ$16,000 + 10 days CME leave pa
- Plus relocation assistance
For this role, you must hold FRACS and full Vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ), or be eligble for full Vocational registration in NZ.
** Primary Source Verification using EPIC **
A Doctor’s relevant qualifications must be verified by ECFMG using the EPIC system on behalf of the Medical Council of New Zealand.
If you are committed to working in New Zealand, we encourage doctors to start this process off as soon as possible if you hold qualifications from outside NZ. Candidates are invited to log on to EPIC and complete this step online. EPIC verifies your identity and your qualifications directly with you.
Log on to EPIC here and read the FAQs section about how to get started.
Photo credit: Mokoia Island, Mark Smith, www.rotoruanz.com