- Lucrative salary package.
- 50k catchment population - across region the size of France.
- Working with a disadvantaged population group - make a difference.
- Develop indigenous healthcare and culture.
- Very friendly and social medical community.
- Established, well-resourced teaching hospital with full services.
- Close links to major universities.
The Central Arrernte people are the traditional owners of the land here. In representing Alice Springs and this region, we pay respect to the traditional custodians, ancestors and continuing cultural, spiritual and religious practices of the Arrernte
The location of this job is in Alice Springs in Australia's amazing Northern Territory - a landscape and environment offering endless adventure and unique professional opportunities.
Alice Springs is a remote regional cetnre. The hospital has 190 beds servicing an area of approx. 1,000,000 km2. It has strong associations with Flinders and Sydney University. The hospital has a brand new ICU, Emergency Department, AU14m teaching auditorium, medical library and a AU45m research centre. The population served is 50,000 of whom 38% are Indigenous Australians.
The town is dynamic and progressive - a friendly and relaxed community. Alice Springs is a major Australian tourist destination for visitors. This mean transport links and town facilities are excellent with daily flights to major metropolitan cities. The natural environment in the area is simply spectacular and if you love the outdoors it is a playground like no other. Gorges, canyons, waterfalls – perfect for exploring, canyoning, trekking,mountain biking etc. Alice Springs has no shortage of amenities including: Olympic sized pool, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, bars, art galleries etc.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering first class inpatient and outpatient care in the field of rehabilitation.
- Continually developing and implementing policies and strategies to deliver these rehabilitation services.
- Initiating, facilitating and participating in activities associated with patient care and the functioning of rehabilitation services in line with service and stakeholder objectives.
- Participate in continuous medical education including undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, professional development, peer review, research, teaching, quality improvement activities and clinical audits as appropriate.
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities - work with policies, procedures and guidelines.
You must be eligible for unconditional specialist registration (Specialist Rehabilitation Physician) through the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency with the Medical Board of Australia. You will have specialist qualifications and Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, or equivalent.
Sensitivity to issues relating to service delivery to multi-cultural clients from a wide range of ethnic origins, in particular indigenous Australians, and a commitment to improving indigenous health.
You will be interested in social justice and making a difference within disadvantaged population groups - but within the context of a first class medical system, technology and support.
For more information please get in contact now with Alasdair Spinner +44 131 240 5276 or email@example.com
IMG applicants who have completed their specialist training or have substantial consultant level experience incomparable countries of training will be highly regarded: UK, IRELAND, NZ, USA, CANADA, SOUTH AFRICA.
Head Medical have a Medical and College registration team that will help and guide you through the RACP and medical registration process once you have accepted a job offer.