Roles in this part of New Zealand are rare!
People love the climate and lifestyle and put down long term roots here.
We are seeking a Consultant Radiologist (0.8fte to 1.0fte) to join the Nelson Marlborough District Health Board’s Radiology Service. There are two permanent roles offering either part-time or full-time working pattern.
With no on call commitment, you are free to explore the region and find that elusive work/life balance - perfect if you have a young family or you just want to take it easy!
These are district-wide appointments and while predominantly based in Nelson Hospital, you will be required to travel to Blenheim Hospital (1.5 hr drive) as part of your duties from time to time.
Nelson and the Tasman region offers a fantastic lifestyle for families and those who love the great outdoors: mountain biking, paddle boarding, kayaking, hillwalking, sailing, ski-ing, fishing, and golfing - the opportunities to enjoy the natural environment are endless. The sunny climate and rich soil creates ideal conditions for vineyards and many award-winning wines hail from this part of New Zealand.
- Relaxed family lifestyle and a welcoming multicultural community
- FRANZCR or equivalent specialist qualification, leading to locum tenens registration, e.g. FRCR and CCT
- No on call requirement, base salary only
- Daily 35 min flights from Wellington, making international connections super easy
- Explore the stunning natural landscape: Beaches, lakes, mountains, National Parks
- Enjoy the café culture, artist retreats, craft breweries, award-winning vineyards…
- Highest sunshine hours across NZ for 2017
This Radiologist position is based in Nelson, however the service is district-wide and spans across both Nelson Hospital (150-bed) and Wairau Hospital (88-bed) in Blenheim, together delivering services for the 145,000 population.
Working alongside 9 other Radiologists who work part-time, you will be supported by a team of sonographers, medical radiation technologists, radiography assistants, nurses and administrators. The workload will include general radiology, ultrasound, CT and MRI with angiography and interventional radiology as required.
What’s on offer for full-time positions (1.0fte)
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $280,000 pa, depending on level of experience
- Base salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 pa (£82,700 - £120,000) depending on level of experience
- Annual $16,000 Continuing Medical Education allowance & 10 days CME leave to attend conferences
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Relocation assistance offered for permanent positions
*Part-time positions at 0.8fte will be calculated pro-rata.
Find out more about Nelson and the Tasman region, click on this link
Requirement for this role
Ideally you will hold FRANZCR and full Vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ).
Alternatively, if not NZ trained or based, you will hold equivalent specialist qualifications, e.g. FRCR & CCT, which are eligible for Provisional Vocational registration (long term) or Locum Tenens registration (short term up to 12 months and takes only 30 days to process). These are the specialist pathways for medical registration in NZ and we can assist with the registration and work visa applications if you are successfully appointed.
Please visit the MCNZ website for details on the medical registration requirements, including primary source verification of your qualifications which was introduced by MCNZ 1st November 2017.
For more details, please contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.
Please note, Caroline is based in Wellington, New Zealand, having made the move back to NZ with her family in September 2017.