Are you a GMC Registered Consultant Psychiatrist with availability for remote sessions?
I have an excellent opportunity to provide home based remote sessions to a private clinic
**To be considered you must be currently working in the UK as a Consultant Psychiatrist and have valid, Full GMC Registration **
The work is 100% remote, done from home/office via video call (Skype or Zoom). They supply all relevant IT equipment.
My Client are looking for Psychiatrists ideally each providing a diary of 10+ hours per week:
1) All doctors work remotely. GMC status should be ‘specialist ‘(if CAMHS, in CAMHS Psychiatry, or at least related).
2) They expect all doctors to have an external ‘Responsible Officer’, and work in a CQC registered place of work (therefore, being able to do private work without being CQC registered, including seeing patients with us or any other place). They are in the process of being registered with CQC but are not yet at the moment.
4) They prefer each doctor to provide a diary of some 10+ hours per week, which can be chosen from any day 7 days per week and between 8am and 10pm.
5) They pay per hour (only for hours agreed/actually worked, not automatically for all hours in the diary). Alternatively, as an exception, they can consider paying for all ‘reserved’ hours in the diary (but obviously the rate would be different, roughly 2/3 of the usual rate)
6) Payment for ALL staff and doctors, is calculated for hours worked between the 22nd of the last month, and the 23rd of the current month.
7) This is outside the IR35 so payments would be made to you direct from the client, Gross.
8) the first stage would be a telephone/skype interview with them and then documents provided.
The work is 100% remote, you are supported by a team of around 50 well-trained administrative and secretarial staff. They maintain consulting rooms at Harley Street and clinics nearby, but are not being used. They have no immediate plans for a large-scale re-opening of their consulting rooms, but in the future some proportion might be re-routed there.
Hours of Work
They are open from 08:00 until 22:00 all week (seven days). Doctors can choose any hours within this timeframe, and once they accept these hours, these hours will constitute the ‘reserved hours’ pool” in the diary. Into these hours, the admin will insert the booked appointments. (The doctor’s fee is paid once per month, for those booked hours where the appointments were carried out successfully).
As a guide, our doctors usually choose around 10-20 hours per week. Again, hours can be spread over as many or as few days per week as desired.
The Nature of the Work
Compared to the average NHS outpatient clinic, they see disproportionally more neurodevelopmental issues (ASD and ADHD), but we deal with a range of other Psychiatric entities as in any other clinic.
They use strictly established protocols, based on NICE and RCPsych guidelines. For example, they use ‘ADOS Informed’ testing, and other standard questionnaires (practically all of them are computerised with automatic scoring). They try to minimise the bureaucracy to the bare minimum, especially for doctors.
When there is need for prescription, this is done by sending the slip by post to the pharmacy.
If any follow-up is desired, this is arranged by the administrative staff.
If you are a GMC Registered, Consultant Psychiatrist working in the UK and can offer more than 10 hours per week, please apply!