Roles in this part of New Zealand are rare! People love the climate and lifestyle and put down long term roots here.
We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist (General Adult) to join the Nelson Marlborough Health's Mental Health and Addictions Service. This is a permanent full time position based in Nelson, working in both inpatient and community settings.
Nelson and the Tasman region offers a fantastic lifestyle for families and those who love the great outdoors: mountain biking, paddle boarding, kayaking, hillwalking, sailing, ski-ing, fishing, and golfing - the opportunities to enjoy the natural environment are endless...
The sunny climate and rich soil creates ideal conditions for vineyards and many award-winning wines hail from this part of New Zealand.
- Relaxed family lifestyle and a welcoming multicultural community
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualification, leading to locum tenens registration, e.g. MRCPsych & CCT
- Experience in consultation liaison psychiatry advantageous
- Daily 35 min flights from Wellington, making international connections super easy
- Explore the stunning natural landscape: Beaches, lakes, mountains, National Parks
- Enjoy the café culture, artist retreats, craft breweries, award-winning vineyards…
- Highest sunshine hours across NZ for 2017
Serving a population of approx. 100,000, you will join a team of 7 Consultant Psychiatrists and be part of well-established and well-respected specialist team. The community psychiatric services include a community mental health team, with 24 hour crisis intervention, general adult, child and adolescent, older persons and addiction medicine. Inpatient care is provided through an onsite 26 bed inpatient unit, offering both acute care and rehabilitation.
What’s on offer?
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $300,000 pa, depending on level of experience
- Includes base salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 pa (£82,700 - £120,000) depending on level of experience
- Annual $16,000 Continuing Medical Education allowance & 10 days CME leave to attend conferences
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Plus relocation assistance
Find out more about Nelson and the Tasman region, click on this link
Requirement for this role
Ideally you will hold FRANZCP and full Vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ).
Alternatively, if not NZ trained or based, you will hold equivalent specialist qualifications, e.g. MRCPsych & CCT, which are eligible for Provisional Vocational registration (long term) or Locum Tenens registration (short term up to 12 months and takes only 30 days to process). These are the specialist pathways for medical registration in NZ and we can assist with the registration and work visa applications if you are successfully appointed.
Please visit the MCNZ website for details on the medical registration requirements, including primary source verification of your qualifications which was introduced by MCNZ 1st November 2017.
For more details, please contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.
Please note, Caroline is based in Wellington, New Zealand, having made the move back to NZ with her family in September 2017.