Key benefits of this position.
- Up to AU$450k per annum depending on experience.
- Opportunity to practise psychiatry in a genuinely unique environment.
- Develop an interest in Indigenous Australian health and culture.
- Experience Australia and enjoy a rural and remote lifestyle.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute first class psychiatric services within a remote and rural context in Australia and be rewarded with a remuneration package of up to AU$450,000 as well as the opportunity to have an adventure of a lifetime.
The position will suit Consultant/Specialist Psychiatrists interested in:
- Delivering care in a major acute hospital for a population of 60,000 people as well as large number of tourist visitors to the region.
- Living and working in a remote town of 30,000 people that has full amenities and a busy airport with regular flights to state capitals.
- Conducting outreach clinics in remote communities.
- Developing an interest in indigenous culture and indigenous health.
- Providing first-class medical care to a disadvantaged indigenous Australian population group.
- Making a genuine and long lasting difference to the provision of mental health care in Australia.
Alice Springs is located in Central Australia.
The Arrente people are the traditional owners of the land. The environment around Alice Springs is amazing - there is ancient geology, canyons, desert, waterfalls and rockpools to explore.
Doctors at the hospital enjoy a sensational outdoors oriented lifestyle. MTB riding is very popular - there are 4 main mountain bike trails and many trailheads. Bushwalking, hiking and camping (Larapinta trail) is a great drawcard. The stargazing is incredible. There are many sporting and social clubs within the large multicultural hospital community (the Americans enjoy a baseball league, for example) as well as in the broader community. The town has an aquatic centre with an olympic sized pool, athletics oval, rugby and AFL ovals, soccer pitches, cricket ovals. It's not all about sport however. There is a cinema, there are art galleries, bars, cafes and restaurants. A major tourist spot, Alice Springs has many first class hotels such as a Hilton DoubleTree with excellent restaurants.
There are 6 private schools in the community and several nurseries/kindergartens/child care.
If you are interested in doing something truly unique and living in one of the most incredible places in the world all whilst using your skills to genuinely change lives this could be the job for you.
You will be a Consultant/Specialist Psychiatrist. If not FRANZCP and are an overseas trained Psychiatrist you will completed your training in a country the Australian Medical Council views as a “comparable country of training”: NZ, UK, Ireland, USA or Canada.
Within a multidisciplinary team context, you can work in a cross-cultural environment with a positive, collaborative and collegiate style. Your leadership, teamwork and self-management skills will be key.
For more information about Alice Springs or the RANZCP assessment process, please call Alasdair Spinner or firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 131 240 5276.