- Up to AU$450k + oncall.
- Sensational lifestyle opportunity.
- Well funded, well resourced, collaborative mental health service.
- Full time, substantive - Adult Medical Lead for quality development (0.5fte) AND Clinical Cover (0.5fte).
I am now accepting formal applications for this interesting post which can appeal to Consultant Psychiatrists with interests in leading and developing quality initiatives.
I have helped relocate 8 UK trained consultant psychiatrists to this service.
Townsville is a city with 200k people and sits on the beautiful Queensland Tropical Coast.
Townsville has arguably one of the finest independent schools in Queensland and also hosts James Cook University which has an excellent reputation in the sciences and medicine.
The city is perfect for singles, couples or families. Large enough to provide work opportunities for partners (medical or not) it also has a pleasant laid back approach. There is a marina and beachside area hosting bars, cafes and restaurants.
Townsville has more than enough to keep the kids active, outdoors and engaged: beaches, parks, hinterland, diving (Great Barrier Reef is nearby) sailing, swimming pools, cricket ovals, football pitches etc.
The hospital campus is a first class facility with a 36 bed acute mental health unit . Outside of Brisbane, THHS is the most comprehensive mental health service in Queensland. The MHS’s Medical Director has strong ties to James Cook University. The service is collaborative with a supportive matrix of peer group support with excellent administrative/operational resources. It promotes a patient centred recovery approach.
This post is split evenly between the role of Head of Quality Development in the Adult MHS and in providing consultant cover to the MHS (inpatient, community, HHOT, Acute care team).
You will have
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualifications gained in in UK, NZ, Ireland, Canada or USA.
- If not FRANZCP, then a minimum of three years experience at Consultant/Specialist level.
- Have had a formal post of at least 6 months in CAMHS/Learning disability during your basic or higher training.
- Knowledge of contemporary psychiatric practises.
- First class communication skills.
- Ability to practise within a cross-cultural context.
For more information about Townsville, the service, position description, RANZCP assessment and medical registration process please call me on +44 131 240 5276 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp: https://wa.me/447502244964