Opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist in a part public, part private hospital in Perth, Western Australia.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Excellent total salary package up to AUD$480,000 (depending on experience).
- Up to $10,000 AUD financial relocation assistance.
- Generous salary packaging options.
- Extensive quality education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful Mediterranean climate.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
Currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to provide multidisciplinary care to all patients on the wards and Emergency Medicine department based on an individualised care model.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Demonstrate substantial clinical experience in the management of high acuity patients in a complex hospital environment.
- Demonstrate ability to provide clinical leadership and facilitate effective patient centred multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to implement sustainable change to improve patient safety and reduce unnecessary delays in patient management.
- Demonstrate experience and commitment to clinical teaching and clinical research.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABPN certified) or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
Applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Perth is regularly ranked one of the most liveable cities, with its own premium wine region, 19 white-sand beaches and Indian Ocean sunsets. It’s located along the waters of the Swan River and the west of the city runs along the Indian Ocean. It is the state capital of Western Australia and home to around 2 million people, making it a highly multi-cultural city with a fantastic social scene boasting plenty of alfresco style cafes and restaurants.
Perth is great for families with beautiful beaches to the north and south of the city and the clean, clear coastline attracts many visitors who enjoy snorkelling, sailing, surfing or swimming with the wild dolphins that famously live in the nearby bay areas. It also offers one of the most biologically diverse regions in the world.