Opportunities for Consultant Psychiatrists - General Adult - for a city clinic in Canberra, Australia.
- Central location in Canberra. Easily accessible, plenty of parking.
- Friendly and safe environment.
- Opportunity to be involved in research.
- Excellent remuneration package. AUD $550k-$700k+ dependent upon experience and if employee or independent contractor.
- One of Australia’s most affordable cities, Canberra is a progressive, vibrant and beautiful place to live.
The Role and Clinic
Private specialist practice providing services in Psychiatry, Psychology and Paediatrics. This multi-disciplinary practice encourages a collaborative team based workplace. Providing opportunities for the team to share and discuss clinical issues and to provide input and advice for difficult and unusual cases.
Whilst the majority of patients are private paying, there are strong relationships with the Defence Force, Veterans, Australian Federal Police and other first responders. As well as other insurance and worker’s compensation providers. All providing frequent referrals. There is also a strong network of referrers from General Practitioners and Psychologists in the area.
Patients in Canberra looking for an Adult Psychiatrist are looking for treatments for a range of areas including (but not limited to): Trauma and PTSD, Addiction and Substance Abuse, Depression, Anxiety, Autism and Aspergers, Mood Disorders, Bipolar Affective Disorder, OCD, Personality Disorders and ADHD.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
Canberra is so much more than the national capital. With nature on the doorstep, a rich arts and culture scene and world-class dining and entertainment, it is one of Australia's best-kept secrets.
This is one of the safest cities in the world and in 2014 the OECD ranked Canberra as the most liveable city in the world.
Restaurants, cafes, bars, wineries and breweries serve produce from Canberra and the region. Our food and wine industries compete with the best in the world.
Just a short drive from stunning coastlines, world-class ski-fields and big-city bustle when an escape is needed. There’s even a wildlife lodge at the National Zoo and Aquarium where you can stay overnight with the animals right outside your room.