We are currently recruiting for a Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult and Consult Liaison Psychiatry to join a supportive team based in Coastal Napier.
Mental health services in Hawke’s Bay are centred around two large community teams, with a kaupapa Maori mental health service provided by an NGO partner and satellite teams in the smaller population centres. Within the service are Child and Family, Older Persons, Home Based Treatment, Maternal Mental Health, Consultation-Liaison and Emergency Mental Health teams.
- Full-time, permanent post available in a well-resourced integrated (addictions and mental health) multidisciplinary team
- Small welcoming service (currently 14 psychiatrists for 160,000 total population)
- Varied and challenging work
- Teaching hospital with training registrars
- Very active CME and research portfolio
- New model of acute care implemented with a brand new $22m purpose built inpatient building completed January 2016
- Hawke’s Bay – a great place for families
The brand new in-patient unit is on the Regional Hospital campus in Hastings and features high, medium and low intensity treatment areas as well as an intensive day treatment unit.
We are looking for applicants interested in a full-time role. This is a great opportunity to develop your career, enjoy the benefits of a fantastic region and achieve a great work life balance.
Find out more about Hawkes Bay
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave (pro rata)
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Find out more about our Referral Reward Scheme Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice