In this role you will be accountable for the clinical management of adult patients (including families and carers) as a member of the multidisciplinary team. You will also provide clinical services primarily to the Lower South West and Acute Psychiatric Unit, Bunbury Hospital, as well as the whole region as required in agreement with the Clinical Director and Regional Mental Health Manager. Supervises work of junior medical staff.
In this job you will be responsible for providing General Adult psychiatric care within a community context in a multidisciplinary team framework, involving families and carers. Further, you will also deliver care to an acute unit within a regional hospital 2hrs South of Perth.
Benefits and Rewards
- Remuneration package up to AU$452k dependent on years of experience.
- Sensational professional development allowance and leave.
- Community and acute inpatient care.
- Lead, coordinate and direct community mental health team.
- Well staffed units.
- Metropolitan Perth and international airport 2 hours drive away, ideal for city breaks and weekends in Bali (for example..)! Choice in residential location - Perth or other communities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Providing first class clinical care with a multidisciplinary context - be a clinical leader and provide consultation services to all stakeholders.
- Chair MDT team meetings
- Provide supervision and mentoring support to doctors in training and med students.
- Initiate and participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Enjoy taking the lead and participating in educational programs with relevant stakeholders and community groups.
- Be passionate about your own and your team’s professional development.
- FRANZP or you have completed your specialist training in UK, Ireland, Canada, USA, South Africa.
- If an overseas trained psychiatrist, you have a minimum of three years experience at Consultant/Specialist level.
- If an overseas trained psychiatrist you have completed a post in CAMHS in your basic or advanced training.
For more information about the location, service and benefits, please call Al Spinner on (0131) 240 5276 / 07502 244 964 / Whatsapp or email email@example.com