The Central Arrernte people are the traditional owners of the land here. In representing Alice Springs and this region, we pay respect to the traditional custodians, ancestors and the continuing cultural, spiritual and religious practices of the Arrernte.
The location of this job is in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory - an amazing and unique environment to live and work in Central Australia.
Dependent on experience your total first year remuneration package will range between AU380k to AU440 plus additional benefits.
Alice Springs is a major regional centre. The hospital has 190 beds servicing an area of approx. 1,000,000 km2. It has strong associations with Flinders and Sydney University. The facility has a brand new ICU, Emergency Department, AU14m teaching auditorium, medical library and a AU45m renal research centre. Care is delivered to a population of 50,000 of whom 38% are Indigenous Australians.
Mental health services are delivered via community, remote, forensic, CAMHS, a crisis assessment triage team, sub-acute facility and an inpatient unit at Alice Springs Hospital.
The town is a friendly and relaxed community. It is a major Australian tourist destination which means transport infrastructure and town facilities are excellent. Direct flights leave daily to major metropolitan cities. The natural environment in the area is spectacular. If you love the outdoors, the region provides amazing opportunities. There are gorges, canyons, waterfalls – perfect for exploring, canyoning, trekking,mountain biking etc.
Your rewards are exceptional:
- Unique professional opportunity.
- Chance to make a difference to a disadvantaged population group.
- Develop a special interest in indigenous mental health.
- Lucrative remuneration package up to GBP200,000/AU440,000 + additional benefits.
- Established, well-resourced teaching hospital with full services.
- Develop an interest in indigenous health and indigenous culture.
- Very sociable hospital setting.
- Alice Springs has plenty of amenities. They include: Olympic sized pool, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, bars, art galleries etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing first class psychiatric care to patients in Central Australia.
- Participating in on call rosters, outpatient clinics and consultation liaison functions.
- Create and foster a positive workplace culture.
- Providing clinical leadership and supervision to all relevant staff.
- Teaching undergrad and postgraduate staff.
Ideally you will be an existing Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or be within 6 months of achieving this.
Alternatively you will have completed your specialist training in the UK or Ireland (most comparable countries in terms of training), hold MRCPsych via examination and have at least 2 years work experience at Consultant level.
For more information please get in contact now with Alasdair Spinner +44 131 240 5276 or email@example.com
Head Medical have a Medical and College registration team that will help and guide you through this medical registration and RANZCP process once you have accepted a job offer.