Mparntwe (Alice Springs) is an iconic Australian town. The Arrernte people are the traditional owners of Alice Springs. They have been there since time immemorial.
Alice Springs is almost equidistant between Darwin and Adelaide and sits in the heart of Australia. It has daily flights to Cairns, Adelaide, Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. It is a modern town and a fantastic base for you to provide first class psychiatric care in a unique environment.
The benefits include:
- A unique opportunity to practise psychiatry in one of the most incredible environments on the planet.
- Develop or deepen your interest in indigenous Australian culture and mental health care.
- Scope includes remote indigenous health to tropical health and urban tertiary care.
- Large scale investment in indigenous health, remote health, acute and community care will enable and support your work.
- Highly competitive salary package and location allowances.
Working as part of a MDT you will deliver first class clinical services in a general adult context. You will assess, plan and manage patients using contemporary best practise to maximise clinical outcomes.
The service delivers care via a number of MDTs in Central Australia. These specialised teams include an Outpatient Clinic, a 12 bed Acute Mental Health Unit, Community Mental Health team (case management, crisis assessment and triage), CAMS, remote mental health outreach teams, forensic and sub-acute units.
You will participate in outpatient clinics and provide consultation liaison services at Alice Springs Hospital. You will also take part in the post-grad Psych training program and get involved in research, training and ensuring your professional development is maintained.
Ideally, you will have FRANZCP or close to it.
If not, and you are an interested international medical graduate then your profile must match the following to be assessed successfully by RANZCP:
- You will have completed your specialist training in either the UK, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa, Canada or the USA.
- You will have at least 2 years work experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist in general adult settings.
- You will have at least 6 months in a formal training post in CAMS in your basic or advanced training.
- You will have at least 6 months in a formal training post in consultation liaison psychiatry in your basic or advanced training.
- You must have an interest in working within a rural context and working in trans-cultural environment.
If this sounds like you and you are up for an exciting adventure please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 131 240 5276.