New Year. New Job. New Lifestyle in 2017
We are seeking an enthusiastic Consultant Psychiatrist with addictions training and experience to join a multidisciplinary Addictions Team in the beautiful Lakes region of New Zealand.
The Lakes DHB area includes Rotorua and Taupo Hospitals and surrounding areas. Both hospitals have recently had significant upgrades and the addition of new facilities. The position, while based in Rotorua, will involve clinics in Taupo. The position will include some adult community mental health team and inpatient consultation work. The successful applicant will join a multidisciplinary addictions team which will include a Nurse Prescriber.
If you’re not familiar with this part of New Zealand, Rotorua and the lakes region is visually stunning and an area of unique natural beauty and geothermal activity, offering a great outdoors lifestyle, perfect for taking advantage of the region’s hot summers and mild winters.
There are 13 different lakes in the immediate area and easy road access to the rest of the North Island and Auckland, so day trips to the beaches in the East and to the seasonal ski slopes in the West are only an hour away by car. Although this location is a small city (population 59,000), it’s vibrant and has a huge tourist and adventure sports industry that drives the local economy and welcomes tourists from all over the world, all year round. It is also an area steeped in New Zealand history and Maori legend and offers a variety of opportunities to learn more about the Maori culture. It really is a unique place to live.
There is a domestic airport with daily flights to Auckland International Airport, making connections to/from Rotorua really easy.
Find out more about the Rotorua Lifestyle here
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
- Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Find out more about our Referral Reward Scheme Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice