We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Addictions service based in New Zealand’s capital city of Wellington. Embrace the famous Kiwi lifestyle with your family in a vibrant and cosmopolitan city.
- Vibrant and cosmopolitan capital city of New Zealand
- International Airport facilitating easy connections to/from NZ
- Diverse lifestyle options for all the family - restaurants, cafes, beaches, Te Papa Museum, NZ movie hub
You will be part of a multi- disciplinary team providing tertiary and secondary care across the Wellington region. As well as general addiction services, the team also provides planned withdrawal (outpatient), opioid substitution and specialist co-existing disorder interventions. There is an expectation that you will effectively engage with other Specialists in the team, improve the quality committed to providing clinical leadership and contribute to service development and research.
Consultants in New Zealand are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance. Wellington is a great place to really appreciate the benefits of balancing work and family life. As well as a competitive salary, there are additional allowances for call back and availability and Continuing Medical Education (CME), 30 days annual leave plus 10 days CME leave on top on your base salary.
Ranked 4th best place to visit in the world by Lonely Planet in 2011, Wellington (population 350,000) is the political and cultural centre of New Zealand, offering the luxury of living in a small city with big city advantages, with a magnificent harbour framed by hills. The relatively young and affluent population is reflected in the excellent range of schools, the huge range of cultural events and more cafes and restaurants per head of population than New York (by the way, Wellingtonians love their coffee!).
The international airport makes connections to the other parts of the world and elsewhere within New Zealand very easy. Housing is affordable and of a high quality with a range of lifestyle options whether you want to live in a city apartment, beach house or country property and nearly every inhabitant lives within 3km of the coast. Beyond the city and its beautiful harbour you have a wild and rugged coastline, mountains, ski fields, wineries and historical towns all within easy reach making this a perfect lifestyle destination.
More on Wellington
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultant Psychiatrists are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Psychiatrists in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward, so if you refer a Friend and we place them, you’ll receive £500! Click here for details…