The location of this job is in Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
The Central Arrernte people are the traditional owners of the land where it is based. In representing this region, we pay respect to the traditional custodians, ancestors and continuing cultural, spiritual and religious practices of the Arrernte people.
This job is not for the faint hearted. Committing yourself to this position requires a spirit of adventure and a desire to push your professional and personal boundaries.
The rewards are exceptional:
- Once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Enjoy a complete change in environment, lifestyle and pace - connect with whats important..
- Lucrative remuneration package up to GBP200,000/AU460,000 + additional benefits.
- Established, well resourced teaching hospital with full services.
- Develop your interest in indigenous health.
- Alice Springs has no shortage of amenities. They include: Olympic sized pool, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, bars, art galleries etc.
- Area is great for mountain biking, trekking etc.
The Department of Medicine is actively involved with Infection Control, Antimicrobial Stewardship, Hospital in the Home, and outpatient clinics in general infectious diseases (including hepatitis B) and HIV.
As Staff Specialist in Infectious Diseases your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing ongoing leadership in the department and the hospital, focusing on patient safety and the exceptional services.
- Delivering first class inpatient, outpatient and consultative clinical services in General Medicine and Infectious Diseases.
- Initiating and participating in quality management projects and staff professional development programs.
- Supervise and participate in teaching programs for junior medical staff, including advanced trainees and medical students.
- Participate in antimicrobial stewardship.
You will a Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases with appropriate specialist qualifications. If you do not have Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, then its equivalent from another country may be satisfactory. You must have a minimum of 5 years of full time service as a Specialist in Infectious diseases.
Your communication skills will be first class and you will enjoy dealing with people from all walks of life and cultures in an ever changing environment. If you have experience in or an interest in indigenous health then even better.
Sound like you? If you want more information about the job, hospital or Alice Springs please get in touch.