Ideal role to enjoy work/life balance and contribute to a vital service for the community.
We are seeking a Consultant in Palliative Medicine for a permanent position which is less than full-time (0.8fte).
The successful applicant will join a dedicated team who work in the integrated palliative care programme which delivers specialist palliative care at Waikato Hospital and Hospice Waikato. The Waikato Hospital team work together with the local Hospice Waikato team, who provide inpatient palliative care, domiciliary visits, outpatient clinics and specialist support in outlying areas. A shared after-hours specialist roster operates to cover both Waikato Hospital and Hospice Waikato.
- Less than full-time working solution (0.8fte) and a professionally rewarding role
- Work in a comparable health system and be involved in research
- Be based in a large tertiary and teaching hospital
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $280,000 pa pro rata
- Includes a base salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 pa pro rata
- Includes NZ$16,000 pro rata CME Allowance pa + leave to attend conferences
- Relocation assistance available
And the lifestyle and location are ideal:
- 4th largest city on New Zealand, just 90 minutes from Auckland
- Bustling University city with restaurants, cafes and nightlife
- Experience arts, culture and major sporting events here
- Easy access to the rest of the North Island, beautiful beaches, lakes and mountains
As one of New Zealand’s fastest growing areas, key to this growth is its central location and easy access to other parts of the country. Auckland City is only a 90 minute drive away and both the west coast and east coast beaches are within easy reach, including Mount Maunganui (voted New Zealand’s best beach in 2017), the stunning Coromandel Peninsula, and Raglan Beach, with its rugged coastline and some of the best surf breaks NZ has to offer.
As a university city, there is a diverse mix of arts and culture, as well as an array of sporting activities. The population (Hamilton city 200,000, Waikato region 449,000) is diverse, with many cultures represented and celebrated here. Events and festivals throughout the year include Diwali, Matariki (Maori New Year), Garden shows, regular Farmers Markets, Theatre shows and music festivals, major sporting events and tournaments.
There is an array of restaurants and cafes featuring locally sourced products, a vibrant nightlife, vineyards, and wide open spaces for you to enjoy the great outdoors. Housing is affordable whether you like the idea of an urban apartment, a townhouse with a garden, or a sprawling lifestyle block just outside of the city. There is also a wide variety of schooling options to suit your family needs.
You can find out more about the lifestyle and Hamilton City and the Waikato region here
Given the permanent nature of this role, you should be eligible for provisional vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand (or already hold vocational registration with MCNZ). This is the specialist pathway for registration and we can assist with paperwork if you are successfully appointed. You can check the MCNZ website here to self-assess your eligibility for this pathway.