This is a fantastic opportunity to work in arguably the most interesting and rewarding Oncology service in Australia.
Benefits & rewards will include:
- Experience at first-hand the glorious scale, beauty, diversity and environment of Australia.
- Live in a cosmopolitan city - great schools, amenities, food, no traffic!
- Adventure wherever you turn – deep sea ocean fishing, Kakadu, The Red Centre, 4x4 etc.
- A lucrative salary package up to AU420,000
- Contribute to the improvement of indigenous health in Australia - make a genuine difference.
- Unique tropical medicine context.
- Work with a young population.
- SE Asia on your doorstep. Spend a weekend in Bali (only a 3hr flight) or Singapore (4hrs).
Unlike other Metropolitan cities in Australia where it can be easy to mistake one for another, in Darwin you experience an Australia that is like no other, with adventure at your doorstep whilst having all the comforts of a modern, cosmopolitan city.
The Northern Territory is huge - but has a small population. Over 142,000 people live in the territory capital Darwin. with approx. another 100,000 living in remoter towns throughout the Territory such as Alice Springs, Katherine or even smaller, more remoter communities.
The unique healthcare and social issues of the population attract medical specialists from around the world. The medicince can be complex but incredibly rewarding.
You will provide first class medical oncology services within an existing team of 3 consultants, 1 advanced trainee (medical oncology) and two physician trainees.
Your duties will include working in an oncall roster, clinics, leading within a MDT, clinics, teaching and mentoring of medical staff and undertaking outreach clinics in remote parts of the territory.
You will be a Consultant/Specialist in Medical Oncology and hold FRACP or equivalence overseas qualifications. Applicants who have completed specialist training in NZ, UK, Ireland, South Africa, USA or Canada will be highly regarded as will those who have been assessed by RACP.
Darwin is a modern and very cosmopolitan city. It is extremely easy to get around and the lifestyle opportunities are amazing. Schools are great and there is a university.
For more information please call Alasdair Spinner on 0131 240 5276 or firstname.lastname@example.org