We're seeking a Consultant/ Staff Specialist in Old Age Psychiatry to be based in Rockhampton, Central Queensland - a regional city which offers an ideal lifestyle and is the southern gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$446,000 depending on experience.
- Overtime & on-call allowances are in addition to the package above.
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef
- Excellent schooling options and very family friendly
- Main referral hospital for Central Queensland
The Role and Hospital
The successful applicant will provide expert, high quality specialist psychiatry services across the continuum of inpatient and community settings including psycho-geriatrics.
The position may also be required to provide services to other hospitals and Outreach Clinics within the Service.
Candidates with an interest in and/or certification in Psychiatry of Old Age will be preferred. Consideration may be given to General Adult Psychiatrists.
Rockhampton Hospital is a 305-bed facility and is the main referral hospital for Central Queensland. Rockhampton Mental Health Service Inpatient Unit, Older persons Inpatient Unit and Acute Care Team are located on the campus of Rockhampton Hospital. The Rockhampton Mental Health Community Services Team is located in the CBD of Rockhampton.
The Consultant team consists of 16.5 consultant positions and have subspecialty interests including Psychiatry of Old Age, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensics, Developmental Disability, Intellectual Handicap, ABI and Addiction psychiatry.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
- Understanding of integrated case management system for service delivery.
- Strong collaborative ethos as well as capacity to work independently.
Rockhampton’s colonial history can be seen in its palm tree-lined streets and grand old heritage buildings – some of which have been lovingly restored to give the city a real ‘Aussie’ charm, creating a real sense of community.
The region offers a superb lifestyle and a healthy family environment with a range of cultural, recreational and sporting activities. Real estate prices are affordable with a choice of town, coast or country living.
Stroll along the river, drive out to the coast exploring the many beaches, discover Carnarvon National Park, spend time enjoying the galleries and botanic gardens, as well as the Great Barrier Reef - the lifestyle is peaceful and serene here.
Brisbane is just a short 1 hour flight from Rockhampton’s local airport.