Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist Closing date 29th January 2020.
Substantive Consultant/Specialist public health opportunity in Toowoomba, Queensland.
Lucrative public health salary, allowances, and comprehensive benefits up to AUD$430k PLUS oncall etc.
- 1 and a half hour drive from Brisbane.
- 80 hour fortnight and flexible and family-friendly working arrangements.
- 3.6weeks professional development leave.
- Package includes AU$21.5k professional development allowance (paid with salary).
- Up to $25k car allowance (paid with salary).
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance.
- Role provides eligibility to apply for an academic title with the University of Queensland Medical School.
- Excellent private schooling available (e.g. Toowoomba Grammar)
- Lush, warm sub-tropical climate (similar to Sydney then hotter Queensland cities).
- Outstanding amenities - shopping, cinema, cafes, restaurants.
- Rich choice in housing (cheaper than Brisbane).
- Heritage buildings.
Mental health service and facilities.
- Service provides care to 300k people.
- RANZCP accredited training service.
- Talented and progressive group of consultant psychiatrists.
- Committed nursing and administrative staff.
Job scope includes but is not limited to:
- Providing first class integrated care to patients and families within Acute and Community contexts.
- Ensure best practise in safety and quality.
- Provide leadership in a MDT context.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with other units and referring hospitals.
- Maximising the opportunities for rehabilitation and recovery.
- Organise, implement and participate in teaching and training for medical students and staff.
- Have FRANZCP or have completed specialist training in either the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or NZ.
- Further sub-specialty qualifications in old age psychiatry or broad experience in psychiatry of old age.
- You will have minimum 2.5yrs experience at consultant/specialist level.
- Be prepared to work on rostered oncall.
- Have first class communication skills.
- Have an inclusive approach to patients, families and carers.
- Be collaborative in your working style and have a friendly, personable approach to all internal and external stakeholders.
For more salary, job, location, service information please call Alasdair on 07502244964 or via Whatsapp : https://wa.me/447502244964 or E: email@example.com
I am Australian based in Edinburgh with deep knowledge and experience of Australian culture, society, education, property etc.