- Beautiful modern facility with recent $220 million acute services redevelopment.
- Located halfway between Sydney and Brisbane with 6 daily flights.
- Great package – AUD$250 – 300,000.
- Excellent choice of schools.
- Large, varied and affordable housing.
- Lovely climate with warm summers and mild winters.
- 2015 saw the opening of a new $220 million acute services redevelopment equipped with 348 treatment spaces.
- A Level 4 Obstetric Unit with 1000 births per year.
- A Level 3 nursery that provides stepdown care from the NICU at John Hunter Children’s Hospital.
- An 8 theatre operating complex (5 in current operation.)
- A newly opened Ambulatory Care Centre.
- The Obstetric service provides options for pregnancy care including midwives clinics, postnatal home visiting program, child birth/parenting classes and high risk pregnancy clinics.
- Tamworth Hospital will support your subspecialty interest in laparoscopic surgery
- The North West Cancer Centre provides integrated oncology care including radiation and medical oncology, and haematology services.
- Friendly, progressive, integrated team of five Obstetricians and Gynaecologist’s, led by an experienced Clinical Director.
- A close knit department that enjoys collegial relationships across the multidisciplinary team.
- Protected teaching time and a specific program for exam candidates, so an outstanding opportunity to become involved in teaching and research projects.
Tamworth, with a population of 60,000 is a modern progressive city set in a huge area of rolling plains and tree covered mountains. It is a family friendly city, offering a broad range of experiences from sport & lifestyle, art & culture, music & entertainment, cafes & restaurants and weekend adventures. Tamworth is located about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane, providing ease of access with 6 daily flights, you’re not too far from the city, but you and your family will have daily access to the benefits of country life!
Tamworth has excellent schooling options and houses are big, beautiful and affordable.
Come and experience the sense of community, and spend time with your family enjoying the outstanding lifestyle that Tamworth can provide.
What can Head Medical do for you?
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we appreciate it can also be extremely daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped hundreds of doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We take the responsibility of relocating candidates seriously and we know it’s critically important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through yours and your loved ones plans in detail, getting to know you to ensure we provide a seamless service which is second to none and above all right for you.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage all the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.