I currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist to be based in one of the country’s most iconic kiwi city locations that thrives on its adventure tourist economy.
Lakes District Health Board provides healthcare for a population of 108,000 people through thier hospitals located at the centre of the North Island of New Zealand, at two stunning settings next to Lake Rotorua and Lake Taupo. Although they are seeking a generalist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist , a special interest in laparoscopic gynaecological surgery would be an advantage, although not essential. The successful candidate will provide services in Rotorua and Taupo, participate in a 1:6 acute call roster and enjoy excellent support from our Anaesthetic, Surgical, Radiology and Intensive Care teams. The O&G Team consists of six specialists, two registrars and dedicated SHO support. We also provide attachments/teaching for 5th and 6th year medical students from Auckland Medical School.
The hospital underwent a rebuild in 2013 including new ward areas, ITU and theatres, and a state of the art ambulatory outpatient area for Gynaecology, to facilitate outpatient hysteroscopy and Colposcopy/LETZ.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere.
Find out more about Rotorua here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultant Psychiatrists are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice