Opportunities to be based here do not come up that often. Is it time to make a change and soak up the kiwi sunshine and enjoy the beach lifestyle?
We are seeking a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist for a district general hospital (with a well-respected clinical school attached) that serves a regional population of 215,000 in the beautiful Bay of Plenty.
You will have a special interest in secondary care obstetrics and be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team environment. You will have an interest in teaching and have proven leadership skills.
The service is delivered across two sites, Tauranga Hospital (300+ bed) and Whakatane Hospital (100+ bed), and you will be required on occasion to work in Whakatane, which is only 1 hour’s drive away further down the coast.
Tauranga is the 5th largest city in New Zealand with an urban population of 130,000 and only 2.5 hours drive south of Auckland. This is a premier destination and one of New Zealand’s fastest growing regions. Migrants from all over the world have made their home here, primarily for the quality of life. Tauranga and Mount Maunganui are well known across NZ for many things - it’s laidback vibe, café culture, the surfing lifestyle, white sandy beaches, natural salt water hotpools, safe and family-friendly living with excellent schools, strong real estate market, but most of all – the sunshine!
There are daily flights from Tauranga to Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, making international flight connections easy.
Find out more about the Bay of Plenty region and Tauranga here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance + 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page