We are seeking Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetists for a world-class medical and research center in Qatar.
You will be working in a state-of-the-art academic medical center that will function to the highest levels of international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children.
Our client offers successful candidates highly competitive packages, including a tax-free salary and comprehensive benefits.
The Department of Anesthesiology provides clinical care for paediatric, obstetric, and some adult patients with a broad spectrum of medical needs.
The Anaesthesia team is involved in patient care in the operating rooms, obstetrical and critical care units, in interventional treatments for pain management, and in other diagnostic and procedural rooms throughout the hospital. All patients receive the most advanced treatment from a caring, vigilant, attentive team of medical professionals.
The Anaesthesia team is committed to providing anaesthesia care in the form of general, regional, sedative, analgesic & resuscitative to facilitate surgery, invasive/non-invasive procedures / examinations, acute / chronic pain management, management of problems in cardiac / respiratory resuscitation and critical care.
Qualifications and Experience required
- MD Degree or equivalent;
- Completion of residency program with specialty experience or training in Obstetric Anaesthesia from an accredited Western Board;
- Board Certification (CCT), or its equivalent, in Anaesthesiology;
- Three years' experience post board certification;
- Research, Education or Administration experience;
- Valid professional license in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area;
- Demonstrated ability in managing anaesthesia services, including pain management;
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of anaesthesiology;
- Demonstrated superior ability in teaching anaesthesiology;
- Experience in conducting peer reviewed research and publications;
- Strong medical knowledge of established and evolving practice; diagnostics, therapeutic and training;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with varied staff efficiently;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Qatar is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and is located on the east coast of the Arabian Peninsula. The country is pressing ahead with ambitious social, economic and infrastructure development plans and will invest tens of billions of pounds in developing its infrastructure over the next 10 years with rapid population growth driving demand for accommodation, medical and education services. The country provides a safe and family-friendly expatriate lifestyle, with an excellent range of shops, restaurants, museums, cultural events, world-class universities and social and sporting clubs and facilities.
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. With this in mind, not only will we assist you throughout the application, interview and offer process, once you have accepted a position we also have a dedicated registrations team who will guide you through the medical licensing and visa process to ensure your transition is as smooth as possible.