Newcastle is just 2 hours North of Sydney. It is a major port city with beautiful beaches by the CBD, and to the north and south of the city.
John Hunter hospital is the largest hospital in the heath service - a 650 bed, level 6, tertiary referral, major trauma and teaching hospital.
The hospital services a catchment area of more than 800,000 people. There are strong academic connection in place with Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) and the University of Newcastle.
The stroke service there is internationally recognosed with strengths in advanced imaging and acute clinical trials.
The service requires a Consultant/Staff Specialist Stroke Neurologist to join the team.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Team has great track record in investigator led trials.
- Superb record in service improvement for stroke care - including early trials of pre-hospital ambulance triage and notificatio.
- Members of stroke team have academic positions.
- Strong links with university research centre that has high profile collaborators.
- Service is a strong, collaborative and vibrant MDT.
- The great port city of Newcastle and the coastal area.
You will be a neurologist with significant track record in delivering high quality, evidence based patient focused management and care. You will be experienced in:
- Providing leadership for stroke clinical trials and stroke service enhancements.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision.
- Conceiving and participating in quality activities, professional development and continuing education.
- Working in on call stroke roster and stroke service etc.
If not FRACP or close to achieving this, you will have completed your specialist qualifications in either UK, NZ, Ireland, Canada, USA or South Africa. For more information please call Alasdair Spinner on +44 131 240 5276 or email@example.com