Take the road less traveled. It can make all the difference. The location of this job is in Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
The Central Arrernte people are the traditional owners of the land where it is based. In representing this region, we pay respect to the traditional custodians, ancestors and continuing cultural, spiritual and religious practices of the Arrernte people.
Working and living in Alice Springs is a unique proposition. Not only will you be living in one of the most incredible regions on the planet, you will also be dealing with really interesting and complex medicine.
The rewards are exceptional:
- Once in a lifetime opportunity - adventure, exploration, indigenous medicine, major regional centre, remote medicine.
- Enjoy a complete change in environment, lifestyle and pace - connect with what’s important in one of the most amazing environments on the planet.
- Lucrative remuneration package up to GBP200,000/AU460,000 + additional benefits.
- Established, well-resourced teaching hospital with full services.
- Develop your interest in indigenous health.
- Alice Springs amenities include: Olympic sized pool, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, bars, art galleries etc.
- Area is great for mountain biking, canyoning, climbing, trekking etc.
The Department of Medicine is actively involved with Infection Control, Antimicrobial Stewardship, Hospital in the Home, and outpatient clinics in general infectious diseases (including hepatitis B) and HIV.
As Staff Specialist in Infectious Diseases your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing ongoing leadership in the department and the hospital, focusing on patient safety and the exceptional services.
- Delivering first class inpatient, outpatient and consultative clinical services in General Medicine and Infectious Diseases.
- Initiating and participating in quality management projects and staff professional development programs.
- Supervise and participate in teaching programs for junior medical staff, including advanced trainees and medical students.
- Participate in antimicrobial stewardship.
You will be a Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases with appropriate specialist qualifications equivalent to FRACP. You must have a minimum of 3 years of full time service as a Consultant in Infectious Diseases.
Your communication skills will be first class and you will enjoy dealing with people from all walks of life and cultures in an ever changing environment. If you have experience in or an interest in indigenous health or simply be interested in making a major difference to a disadvantaged population group then this could be the opening you have been waiting for. If this position is not right for you right now please do pass on my details to friends who may be interested.
If this does sound like something you may be interested in and you want more information about the job, hospital, RACP assessment process or the town of Alice Springs, please get in touch.