Please email Alasdair Spinner firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 131 240 5276
- Your opportunity to be part of a tight knit team responsible for the delivery of high quality Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Services.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Excellent total salary package from AUD$300 – $400 000+
- Beautiful new hospital with state-of-the-art facilities alongside courtyards, deck spaces and landscaped grounds.
- Over 160 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful subtropical climate with warm winters and stunning summers.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
You will be part of a tight knit team responsible for the delivery of high quality Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Services to women and their babies by providing a range of services including tertiary fetal diagnostic ultrasound, prenatal diagnosis, fetal therapy, antenatal care for complex pregnancies, pre-pregnancy counselling and perinatal loss/bereavement care. You will work with a team of highly skilled and dedicated health professionals including MFM specialists, midwives and sonographers to provide clinical care, education and research for all aspects of high risk pregnancy.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across departments, particularly with the Perioperative, Interventional, Emergency Department, Medical Imaging, Neonatal and Paediatric Surgical Services, and work as a member of the clinical team.
The Hospital - Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS) delivers public hospital and health care services to a population of approximately 525,000 people in communities from the state border of NSW to the Coomera region of Queensland, with an annual budget exceeding $1 billion.
GCHHS incorporates Gold Coast University Hospital, one of Queensland's largest clinical teaching and research facilities. Made up of seven main buildings and a total floor space of around 170,000 square metres, the hospital's design is extremely efficient and allows expansion to meet future health service needs of the community.
Key points include:
- State-of-the-art facilities to train the health care workers of the future.
- Courtyards, deck spaces and landscaped grounds for use by staff, patients and their families.
- On-site research facilities.
- Multi-storey public car park on-site with 2,200 car spaces.
- Gold Coast Rapid Transit (light rail) station in close proximity.
- Improved privacy and patient safety with over 70 per cent private rooms.
- Collocated private hospital.
- Retail services.
- Helicopter landing site
Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS) is undergoing a transformation following the move to the Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) and the upgrading of the Robina Hospital.
GCHHS serves a large population with a referral network that extends into Northern NSW. You will be part of a service that provides maternity care for around 4500 women, making it one of the largest public units in Australia and performs over 50 gynaecology operating sessions per month.
The Service Line for Women’s and Newborn Health, which sits within the Division of Specialty and
Procedural Services, is undergoing substantial development and expansion. The Department has many services that have developed out of special interest for the generalists in both maternity and gynaecology.The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is developing a tertiary focus which includes expansion of the recognised sub-specialities in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynaecology Oncology and Urogynaecology. Maternity services at GCHHS are located at GCUH. Gynaecology services are across both campuses, GCUH and Robina. The service currently has a certified subspecialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Urogynaecology and Gynaecology Oncology, and a team of generalists.
Women’s and Newborn Services are undergoing a period of rapid change to a tertiary unit and are developing continuity models in maternity care, high risk obstetrics and innovative models of women’s health service across all areas of gynaecology.
GCHHS has been accredited for Subspecialty Trainees in Urogynaecology and Gynaecology Oncology, Maternal Fetal Medicine application currently being prepared and the advanced trainee position for Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery (AGES) has been granted.
Please email email@example.com or +44 131 240 5276