New Year. New Job. New Lifestyle.
We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Consultant for a well-respected regional Teaching Hospital in Invercargill, in the Southland region where you will find two of New Zealand’s most stunning National Parks.
Southland Hospital, rebuilt late 2004, is a new state-of-the-art facility that provides healthcare to a population of 105,000 and is the base hospital for a wide geographical area.
The Hospital has the latest in PACS digital radiology, MRI, CT and iSOFT patient management system and is a regional referral and Trauma centre for a catchment population of 105,000 with approximately 36,000 presentations per annum. It is a modern open plan design with 21 beds (including 6 observation beds).
There is a friendly international doctor community here, with physicians from UK and USA, some who locum here and others who have made a permanent move. A new face is always welcomed warmly into the fold.
Find out more about Invercargill here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance + 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice for your move to New Zealand.
For further details and a confidential discussion, please contact Caroline@headmedical.com