Looking for a great lifestyle with lots of sunshine and work life balance?
We're seeking a Consultant Geriatrician for a 359 bed Level 2 District General Hospital in Tauranga, one of NZ's fastest growing cities.
- Live beachside right on the Pacific Ocean
- Permanent or Fixed Term (12 months min) opportunity
- Split role 50/50 with General Medicine
- 40 hours per week
- No on-call commitment
- Salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 per annum
- Plus additional benefits (continuing medical allowance, dedicated non-clinical time, relocation assistance)
- Teaching hospital with a clinical school on campus
The Department & Role
The Medical Service has radically changed the model of acute medicine over the last 3 years and continues to develop to provide the best quality of care whilst ensuring manageable workloads across the team. Specialist services include Geriatrics, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Rheumatology, Respiratory Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Oncology and Haematology. As a department, there is a team of 12 physicians most of whom have specialty interests, such as stroke, orthogeriatrics, movement disorders and rehabilitation services.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is up to date on recent developments within health of older people and who will add value, helping the team to develop and improve their service further.
You will have broad experience and skills in Geriatric Medicine, as well as experience and a commitment to teaching and supervising junior doctors and other medical staff. There is a real emphasis on medical education and teaching and within the role, opportunities to develop an area of special interest.
Tauranga is now the 5th largest city in New Zealand with an urban population of 130,000 (regionally 230,000) and is only a 2.5 hour drive south of Auckland. It has always been a premier destination, but with the strong NZ economy and a very buoyant housing market, Tauranga is now the fastest growing city in New Zealand.
Tauranga, and in particular the suburb of Mount Maunganui, are well known across NZ for many things - the relaxed lifestyle, the sunshine, the café scene, the surfing, the white sandy beaches and natural salt water hotpools, the safe and family-friendly lifestyle with excellent schools, and the strong real estate market with some really beautiful properties.
There are regular daily flights from Tauranga to Auckland (35 minutes!), making international flight connections easy.
- Excellent schools
- Buoyant real estate market - beach frontage, luxury apartments, townhouses, rural lifestyle properties
- Beautiful location – sail, fish, swim, kayak, surf or paddleboard the safe harbour and beach
- See and experience firsthand the diverse marine life, such as dolphins and whales
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
Don’t just take our word for it, check out these stories of other families moving to Tauranga: Wish You Were Working Here
Get in touch with Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your cv.