Tauranga has fast become NZ's most sought after location to settle down, for people of all ages.
We're seeking a Consultant Geriatrician (who also participates in General Medicine) for the 359 bed Level 2 District General Hospital in Tauranga
- Stunning Bay of Plenty location right on the Pacific Ocean
- NZ's 5th largest city with excellent schools
- Total package (circa NZD$200-$280k), dep on exp
- Plus relocation assistance
- Relaxed family living in beautiful natural surroundings
- Fixed term or permanent opportunity
- Commence ASAP, but there is flexibility to discuss start date
The Department & Role
The Medical Service has radically changed the model of acute medicine over the last 3 years and continues to develop to provide the best quality of care whilst ensuring manageable workloads across the team. Specialist services include Geriatrics, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Rheumatology, Respiratory Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Oncology and Haematology. As a department, there is a team of 12 physicians most of whom have specialty interests, such as stroke, orthogeriatrics, movement disorders and rehabilitation services.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is up to date on recent developments within health of older people and who will add value, helping the team to develop and improve their service further.
You will have broad experience and skills in Geriatric Medicine, as well as experience and a commitment to teaching and supervising junior doctors and other medical staff. There is a real emphasis on medical education and teaching and within the role, opportunities to develop an area of special interest.
New Medical Campus in the Bay of Plenty (article)
Tauranga is now the 5th largest city in New Zealand with an urban population of 130,000 (regionally 230,000) and is only a 2.5 hour drive south of Auckland. It has always been a premier destination, but with the strong NZ economy and a very buoyant housing market, Tauranga is now the fastest growing city in New Zealand.
It also has a large and steadily increasing elderly population, more so than the average across NZ.
New Zealanders and international migrants are continuing to make their home here, primarily for the quality of life, the schools and the beach life.
Tauranga, and in particular the suburb of Mount Maunganui, are well known across NZ for many things - the relaxed lifestyle, the sunshine, the café scene, the surfing, the white sandy beaches and natural salt water hotpools, the safe and family-friendly lifestyle with excellent schools, and the strong real estate market with some really beautiful properties.
There are regular daily flights from Tauranga to Auckland (35 minutes!), making international flight connections easy. Driving, Auckland is an easy 2.5 hour drive.
More info on the Tauranga Lifestyle
- Excellent schools - the NZ school terms are January, May, July & October
- Buoyant real estate market - beach frontage, luxury apartments, townhouses, rural lifestyle properties
- Beautiful location – sail, fish, swim, kayak, surf or paddleboard the safe harbour and beach
- See and experience firsthand the diverse marine life, such as dolphins and whales
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
Don’t just take my word for it, check out these stories of other families moving to Tauranga: Wish You Were Working Here
Contact Caroline today to have a further confidential discussion or email email@example.com