Head Medical are looking to recruit a Consultant Geriatricians with a passion for excellent care to join a diverse team of 10 consultants, associate specialists, GP intensivists, and nurse consultants.
Main duties of the job:
Dorset hospital is currently undergoing a complete emergency floor redesign and rebuild. As part of this, they have exciting and unrivalled opportunities for enthusiastic geriatricians to contribute to a bespoke pathway for frail older people admitted to hospital.
New consultants would be supported with a mentor and applications from LTFT candidates or those not on the specialist register will be considered.
The hospital is based within an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with excellent state and private schools, reasonable house prices and minimal traffic congestion. There are easy links to bigger centres for when urban culture is necessary and quality of life in is high. A generous relocation package would be provided.
- An appropriate higher medical qualification - MRCP or overseas equivalent
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practice Entry on the GMC Specialist Register via • CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview) • CESR or European Community Rights
- 5 years clinical experience in Geriatrics and general acute medicine.
- Experience demonstrating potential ability to cope with the demands of a DGH based Consultant
- Experience in stroke and thrombolysis
If you’re interested to learn more, please contact Karen to have a confidential chat. Share with friends or colleagues too and take advantage of our referral bonus for doing so. (t&cs apply).