Are you a Consultant General Surgeon with interest in Colorectal, looking to try something new?
Come and live in the beautiful island of Guernsey close to the UK and France!
- Accommodation provided for you and your family
- Hire car provided
- Up to £130,000
- Permanent post available after 12 months if you want
- Private healthcare system different to the NHS
- Provision and sharing of a General & Colorectal Service in conjunction with the General & Laparoscopic GI/Colorectal Surgeon
- Responsibility for the continuing care and treatment of patients when on call & personal performance of clinical duties as agreed in your job plan
- Provision of an out of hours General Surgical service with Consultant colleagues
- 10 PAs + 2 additional PAs
- Occasional extra theatre list Friday 13.30 – 18.00
- On Call every Thursday 1:4 weekends with prospective cover
- Cover for Colleague on Wednesday (9 weeks per year)
- GMC registered with licence to practice
- Some NHS/UK experience
- Availability to take this post on for at least 12 months
Guernsey is a lovely island literally 10km wide with transport links to UK mainland and France. A safe island for children with excellent state and private schools, there's plenty to do for everyone! Because of the similarities in requirements to the NHS on UK mainland, this is ideal for consultants who have been contemplating a move but found it difficult to meet entry or professional requirements for other countries.