Thinking about 2018 and your next career move?
We are seeking a Consultant in General Medicine for a 110-bed district general hospital in the beautiful Bay of Plenty.
Whakatane offers a relaxed coastal lifestyle, and the Bay of Plenty region is now one of the fastest growing regions in New Zealand, with many kiwis moving down from Auckland and overseas migrants choosing to move here as well.
With some of the best beaches in NZ on your doorstep such as Ohope, Mount Maunganui, Papamoa and Ohiwa, its ideal for those who love the great outdoors.
- Commence January 2018 and enjoy the kiwi lifestyle!
- Ideally permanent but will also consider fixed term contract (minimum 12 months)
- Interesting and complex casemix in a modern, spacious hospital setting
- Interest in Endocrinology (diabetes), Respiratory Medicine or Geriatrics ideal
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $280,000 pa (Base salary range NZ$152,000 - $216,500 pa)
- Includes NZ$16,000 CME Allowance pa + 10 days leave pa to attend conferences
- Plus Relocation assistance
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Beautiful natural surroundings – safe harbour, beautiful Ohope Beach, dolphins, whales & native birds.
Whakatane is only 1 hour drive away from Tauranga City, the 5th largest city in NZ. Real estate is very reasonably priced and properties can range from apartment style living, to large detached houses with a garden, or even lifestyle blocks with a couple of acres of land attached. There are daily flights from Whakatane to Auckland, making international flight connections easy.
The Medicine department consists of 5 Consultants and 4 House Officers and provides General Internal Medical inpatient and outpatient services plus a range of subspecialty services, as well.
As a team, they enjoy a collaborative and supportive working environment, they also share a focus on training and continuous quality improvement, enabling you an opportunity to also contribute to the service provision and to develop professionally, and within your subspecialty interest.
There is a high proportion of young families as well as a growing elderly population, high incidence of diabetes and respiratory illness, which offers a varied and interesting (and complex) casemix. Subspecialty interests in Endocrinology, Respiratory Medicine or Geriatrics would be ideal.
The team in Whakatane works closely with the base hospital site in Tauranga. Together, the two sites cater to a regional population of 230,000.
New Medical Campus in the Bay of Plenty (article)
Find out more about the Bay of Plenty and Whakatane here
It’s a very nice way of life if you prefer not to be in a city and to be close to the ocean, the community is welcoming and the living is definitely relaxed.
Please contact Caroline for further details or email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.