New Year. New Job. New Lifestyle…New Zealand 2020
We’re seeking a Consultant Gastroenterologist for an expanding team at Tauranga Hospital.
Why not combine a fresh, professional challenge with the fabulous beach lifestyle in Tauranga, the fastest growing city in NZ, just 2.5 hours drive south of Auckland on the East Coast of the North Island.
- Pack the kids and come on over – enjoy life on the beach!
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualifications, e.g. FRCP via CCT
- Help shape the service as they embark on the new National Bowel Screening rollout
- Participate in the acute on call roster
- Interest in teaching, the service is accredited for Advanced Training of Registrars in Gastroenterology
- Excellent schools and affordable housing
- Enjoy paddleboarding, surfing, fishing, kayaking, hiking, swimming, cycling, jetskiing, golfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing.... and more
- See diverse marine life – dolphins, whales and orca, and maybe the occasional penguin
This is a permanent position, assisting in the service delivery and service development in preparation for the National Bowel Screening roll out in 2020. The role will help to advance the development of integrated care for gastroenterology across both primary and secondary care.
You will therefore have broad specialist experience in gastroenterology and a sound understanding of contemporary models of care.
You will also have proven leadership skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment; an interest in medical education and teaching, including providing supervision and education to medical students, registrars and other clinical staff; and of course, a commitment in contributing to ongoing quality improvement programmes.
What’s on offer?
- Total package ranges NZ$180,000 - $300,000 per annum, depending on experience
- This includes: Base salary from NZ$161,304 to $240,000 pa (approx £82,000 to £123,000 pa), depending on level of experience; On call calculated on top of your base; Continuing Medical Education Allowance NZ$16,000 + 10 days CME leave pa.
- Plus relocation assistance
Tauranga is now the 5th largest city in New Zealand with an urban population of 130,000 (regionally 230,000) and is only a 2.5 hour drive south of Auckland. It has always been a premier destination, but with the strong NZ economy and a buoyant housing market, Tauranga is now the fastest growing city in New Zealand.
Tauranga, and in particular the suburb of Mount Maunganui, is well known for many things - the mountain (Mauao), the sunshine, the café and restaurant scene, the surfing, the white sandy beaches and natural salt water hotpools, the local markets with fresh produce, the safe and family-friendly lifestyle with excellent schools, and high-end real estate.
There is a domestic airport with regular daily flights to Auckland's International airport (35 minutes), making connections to/from Tauranga very easy.
Don’t just take our word for it, visit these links for more information:
Tauranga & the Bay of Plenty and Wish You Were Working Here
Ideally, you will hold FRACP and full Vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ).
If you are an overseas specialist gastroenterologist, you will hold equivalent specialist qualifications from either Australia (FRACP), the UK (via CCT), Ireland (via CCT), Canada (FRCPC) or USA (Board certification) that will enable Provisional Vocational (long term) registration or Locum Tenens (short term up to 12 months) registration.
These are the specialist pathways for medical registration in NZ for gastroenterologists and we can assist with medical registration and the work visa, if successfully appointed.
** Primary Source Verification using EPIC **
From 1st November 2017, all relevant qualifications must now be verified by ECFMG using the EPIC system on behalf of the Medical Council of New Zealand. If you are committed to working in New Zealand, we encourage doctors to start this process off as soon as possible if you hold qualifications from outside NZ. Delays in verifications can impact on start dates, if not completed timeously. Candidates are invited to log on to EPIC and complete this step online. EPIC verifies your identity and your qualifications directly with you.
Log on to EPIC here and read the FAQs section about how to get started.