- First class public health salary up to AUD450k depending on experience.
- Live and work in one of Australia’s most cosmopolitan state capitals.
- Make a genuine contribution to service development and outcomes.
- Rich choice of subsidised private schooling.
This is a unique job opportunity in a unique and exciting part of the world.
Living in Darwin you are closer to Jakarta then you are to Canberra or Sydney, keeping you closer to the rest of the world. Direct flights leave Darwin regularly to Singapore, Indonesia, China as well as Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. With a large multicultural population Darwin is arguably Australia’s most cosmopolitan city.
This is a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist position and as such your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In an inpatient and outpatient context, assess plan and manage patients with complex health issues with comorbid conditions being treated in other services.
- Ensure legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team as well as consultant services to other clinical staff.
- High level forensic report writing.
- Teaching both postgrad and undergrad students.
Essential Selection criteria
- If not FRANZCP you must have completed your specialist training in UK, NZ, Ireland, USA or Canada.
- If UK, you must have CCT (not CESR) and have at least three years experience at Consultant level in forensic psychiatry. Also, ideally with the completion of a 6month CAMHS post in your basic or advanced training (to fulfil RANZCP requirements)
- A strong ability to work within a transcultural environment.
THIS JOB CLOSES ON 14TH SEPTEMBER.
For more information please call Alasdair Spinner on +441312405276 or email@example.com or via WhatsApp: https://wa.me/447502244964